Megan's 5 star rated Contemporary Romance

Thursday 24 March 2011

Romance Suspense Author AMY ROMINE 
  Reveals...

What inspired you to write  your latest book, SHOCKWAVE?
        My upcoming release was inspired by, believe it or not, a morning radio team. Their dynamic was magnetic. I decided to go with it and this novel was the result.


In a couple of sentences, describe the hero’s character
 Jack Tucker is an ambitious, charismatic, confident, ladies man that is until he meets Kate. She makes him realize that his confidence in many ways is only skin deep.
 And the heroine’s?
 Kate Weiss is a beautiful, confident, determined, strong, federal agent, who has resigned herself to a life without love. Her job leaves little room for anything or anyone else and she has squelched any hope of having more.
                                                                                           
Who controls the story – you or your characters?
Haha! Depends on the day…ah…well I am going to say my characters. I will try and steer them in s certain direction leading them along but if they are determined to g elsewhere there is not much I can do. It is their story after all.

What do you hope your readers come away with after reading the book?
The sense of satisfaction and joy you get from reading any enthralling book. I think a book, a story, should take you away, so when you get back you feel like you have been on a little vacation. That is my goal.

What do you enjoy about writing romance?
 
 I am in love with love, the possibility, the romance, the conflict, the angst, and the drama.  Romance can have it all, include the kitchen sink and still work. I find it to be the most flexible of the genres and I enjoy moulding it into whatever I needed to suit my needs as an artist.

Do you have a writing routine?
Yes, every day, for a minimum of two hours a day.

Anything special you require to keep the creative juices flowing?
Music, music, music, I must have music. It is my biggest resource for images, feelings and inspiration. I MUST have music to write, it is a small requirement, but a must have none-the-less.

How do you like to spend your free time?
With my husband, children and friends, I love all movies, good television, awesome books and theatre.

I love to go to the theatre, too, Amy. It's a rare treat, but always very special.

Shockwaves promises to be a fantastic read 

Check out some of Amy's reviews for Serenity Lost:Michele-n-Jeff link There are many different layers to this story that, at first, seem to be completely unrelated but, and you guessed it, are actually very closely tied together. The manner in which Amy J. Romine goes about illuminating the background and the multiple connections is intriguing to say the least. Each block carefully built on top of the other until the structure is irrevocably one piece. The many divergent events slowly begin to coalesce and we begin to see the whole picture...or at least as much as the author is willing to show us. Can you say tease? Ms. Romine certainly knows how to do it. (Four out of Five Kisses)

CoffeeTimeRomanceThis is a well-written story that I enjoyed reading. The characters are easy to relate to, the love scenes are scorching and full of emotion, and the suspense will keep you on the edge of your seat. All in all it is a great story. (3 of 5 Cups)


BookEternity It's a fast paced, thriller, mixed with some romance, and a few sensuous love scenes. Get me right, nothing to overheated here, it's very beautiful and clean, but if you like a steamy love scene and a great thriller story, then these books are for you. Amy Romine is a fantastic writer, she knows how to grip you to your seat and to keep you there until the end of the book, actually I’m still holding on till the third book, Jaded Promises
(4 1/2 stars out of 5)

AMomentwithMystee This book was creatively set up and has great characters. A perfect thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat....a perfect romance that keeps that line running as well. So often one aspect gets overran by another, but not this time.
Romance and thrills at their finest. You'll find yourself attached to the story from the first pages and won't want to put it down until you've read the end.
(5 out of 5 hearts)

ReaderRecommended Amy Romine brought me back to my roots of reading with this wonderfully written romantic thrill ride full of twists and turns.  There was not one moment without action, be it a hot romantic encounter between Eric and Rebecca, or a horrifying visit from the psychopath stalker.  This book will have you guessing with every page you turn
.


BUY
links SERENITY lOST    VEILED DECEPTION    JADED PROMISES  SHOCKWAVE
 coming soon

                            Amazon                   Amazon                     Amazon

Come back tomorrow for some great excerpts!


Stop Press: Shockwave's Release date has been moved up to APRIL 1st! Amy is celebrating with a contest!

All you need to do is to enter a comment
and tell her why YOU should win an exclusive pre-release copy of Shockwave!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read, Amy! Can't wait :)

    I love that you like to write to music. So do I. I find it really helps get the feel for a scene at times.. without lyrics to distract me, unless the words are the power behind the scene I am writing :)

    Angel
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, when do you find time to breathe w/ all you do? Your books sound highly readable...I'd love to win a copy. I'm a biblioholic & read every chance I get a moment...books & music are what get me thru!
    Thanks for the chance.
    Hey Megan!
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wilted just reading Amy's hectic schedule, Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... you guys are awesome, thanks so much! It is alot to juggle but I get by, it helps having a fabulous family!

    ReplyDelete