Megan's 5 star rated Contemporary Romance

Sunday 2 October 2011

A Warm Welcome to Erotic Romance Author ROZ LEE

Roz has been married to her best friend, and high school sweetheart, for over three decades. These days she splits her time between their home in rural New Jersey, and Southern California, where her husband works. Even though she’s lived on both coasts, her heart lies in between, in Texas. A Texan by birth, she can trace her family back to the Republic of Texas. With roots that deep, she says, “You can’t ever really leave.”
Roz and her husband have two grown daughters they couldn’t be more proud of, and are currently raising a ten-year-old Labrador Retriever, Betty Boop, who isn’t aware of her canine heritage.
When Roz isn’t writing, she says she’s reading, or traipsing around the country on one adventure or another. No trip is too small, no tourist trap too cheesy, and no road unworthy of traveling.


Here's the blurb for 'Still Taking Chances'
 out from Oct 1 

After a mission in a South American jungle goes wrong, DEA Agent Elgin ‘Hud’ Huddleston returns to his boyhood home to lick his wounds. Despite his better judgment, Hud is drawn to the woman across the street, a petite Dominatrix with a freeze your balls off name.
Mary Beth Winters packed away her toys and put the BDSM lifestyle behind her years ago when she realized the men she dominated didn’t need her as much as she needed them. But when a troubled bad-boy, Elgin ‘Hud’ Huddleston, moves in across the street, she dusts off her toy box and risks her heart to help him heal.
                     
Just released !  BUY

More later, but first Roz reveals...
 


From where do you get inspiration and what inspired you to write STILL TAKING CHANCES? 
I wish I had a definitive answer to that question, but inspiration comes from all manner of things. It can be a person I meet, a news story, an event, a place.  It doesn’t have to be anything big, just a kernel will do. STILL TAKING CHANCES began with nothing more than a name, Elgin Huddleston. I don’t know where the name came from, one day it was just there, in my brain. The character arrived soon after to claim his name. I know it sounds nuts, but most writers have experienced something similar. I let Elgin simmer for a good long while, months, in fact, before I tried to write his story.

In a couple of sentences, describe the hero’s character.  What do you like best/least about him?

Elgin ‘Hud’ Huddleston is a hero in every sense of the word. As a DEA Agent, he looks out for the welfare of others, and he puts his life on the line daily. As a child, he took a lot of chances, perhaps for attention, perhaps he was testing himself. Either way, as an adult, he’s adept at breaking the rules, if it suits him.
I’m most drawn to Elgin’s inner strength. He’s come a long way from where he started from. He isn’t afraid of much, but the idea of confronting his inner demons scares the wits out of him.

And the heroine? How do you relate to her?

Mary Beth Winters knows her strengths and her weaknesses, and where Elgin takes more chances than he ought to, Mary Beth is more cautious. That is, until she meets Elgin. She’s one strong lady, willing to risk everything to help a man who probably won’t appreciate her efforts. What woman can’t relate to that?

Who controls the story – you or your characters?

I’d love to say I’m in control, but that would be a lie! I let my characters call the shots. Sometimes I’m not too sure where they’re leading me, but I trust them to steer me in the right direction. It’s worked out pretty well so far.

Do you have a writing routine?


follow Roz at his link
 Yes, I do. I usually begin my day at the pit (aka the gym), then I run my errands and answer emails. I try to get serious around ten (that’s a.m.). I turn on my 70’s music and write. My black lab is my writing assistant. Betty Boop lets me know when it’s time for lunch, then she rouses me for an afternoon break. I stop in time to fix dinner, but my husband has gotten used to coming home to a cold stove. Let’s just say he knows where the pizza place is.

Anything special you require to keep the creative juices flowing?

Good music and chocolate.

What is the best writing advice you have ever received?

Show up to work every day. Just like people with a regular job, you go to work. Every. Single. Day. No matter what, keep writing. Write something every day, even if you delete it all the next day. I’m pretty sure it was Nora Roberts who said, you can’t fix a blank page – or something like that.
That was two pieces of advice, but good ones.

What can we look forward to from you in the near future?

The fourth book in the Lothario series, FOUR OF HEARTS, releases next month, and I just finished the fifth book in the Lothario series and sent it off to my editor. I’m also working on a baseball themed story that I hope to submit soon.

How do you like to spend your free time?

Little known fact – I suffer from Shaggy Dog Syndrome. Open the car door, and I jump in. Want a travel companion? I’m your girl! I love to explore those places you won’t find on the tourist brochures. Local museums and mom and pop restaurants are high on my list.

What was your favourite book as a child/teen/adult? Are you currently reading anything?

My favourite book of all time is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, followed closely by Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I’ve read both more times than you can count.
Currently? I’ve been working my way through Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series for a while now. I still have a few to go.

Any exciting plans for the fall?

Next week, my husband and I are going to our high school reunion! Don’t ask which one, it’s a really big number. We’re going to take a side trip to the State Fair of Texas. We used to go every year when we lived in Texas, but haven’t been in a very long time. I’m a sucker for a cowboy, and Big Tex is the biggest one around. That giant wooden roller coaster? That was there when my parents were kids. And no, I won’t be riding it! I may be a lot of things, but crazy isn’t one of them. Oh yeah, we established my craziness in the first question, didn’t we? <evil grin>
Find out more about Roz on

her Blog  her Website on Facebook on Twitter on Goodreads, Shelfari and Linkedin


And now let her seduce you with this tantalising excerpt


           Mary Beth threw the deadbolt, and leaned her forehead against the cool, sturdy wood of her front door. Her heart pounded against her chest, and her body temperature had nothing to do with the oppressive heat outside. She’d moved to Prairieview five years ago, hoping a change of scenery would equal a change in other ways too, but in less than five minutes, she’d proved how unsuccessful her plan had been.

Those eyes. At first, she’d seen something so dark and wounded in them that she’d wanted to comfort him, but then he’d reacted to her jab, and she’d seen something completely different. Desire. And then it had all rushed back in on her and spilled out of her mouth before she could stop it. All her carefully guarded secrets were now in the hands of a complete stranger.

She pushed away from the door and headed to the kitchen. Her mouth was as dry as the Sahara. Too bad it hadn’t been too dry to speak earlier. Maybe then, she wouldn’t have hung her dirty laundry on the line and given a stranger enough clothesline to hang her. Granted, he was a sinfully handsome stranger, but still…. Who was he anyway, and why had he marched right into Mrs. Huddleston’s house as if he owned it? Now that she was away from his seductive presence, his words came back to her. His house. He’d been adamant that the house was his.

“You don’t suppose…? No, surely not.” The idea was too incredible to even think. As far as she knew, no one had heard from him, other than Mrs. Huddleston’s lawyer, in fifteen years. It couldn’t be.
Great hook... now I really want to know who he is too... BUY 'Still Taking Chances'  to find out 

Good luck with the rest of your tour, Roz
It's been great to meet and host you here!

Leave a comment to enter the draw to win a copy of  KINKY CUPCAKES by Joanna Farrow
Plus Roz is giving a $10 Amazon GC to the site with the most comments

9 comments:

  1. Great interview !!!

    reginamayross@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your interview & the excerpt was indeed tantalizing.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the excerpt and interview! I enjoy Roz's books!

    books4me67 at ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by! In a turnabout by Red Sage, STILL TAKING CHANCES is available right now at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and goodness only knows where else! In the past, they have held sales exclusive to their website for a month or two. Not anymore!!

    I'm so excited, I'm jumping on the furniture! Well, I'm imagining I'm jumping on the furniture. LOL

    Thanks Megan for inviting me over to play today! This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoroughly enjoyed the interview, ladies. Ane Still Takin Chances sounds fascinating. Best wishes with your new release.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is great title for a book i bet it really great to read to i like the cover on the book here and hope it will do good for you
    desitheblonde@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this sounds like a good book. It is on my wishlist now.
    June M.
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview!

    Morganlafey86(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to stop in again and say thanks to Megan for having me over for a bit! It's been tons of fun touring and meeting new people!

    ReplyDelete