Megan's 5 star rated Contemporary Romance

Thursday 7 April 2011

KAT HOLMES - Author of Stories of Passion and Magic
Reveals...
From where do you get inspiration ? 
BUY
 
I get inspiration from everywhere. You can just look at something and then you ask that magic question…what if? That’s all it takes to get the Muse working and dreaming up new ideas.
In a couple of sentences, describe the hero’s character. What do you like best/least about him?
My hero Brent Larkin comes from a bad background. His father is a drunk and his mother an enabler. That leaves him pretty much a loner, more happy to surrounded by animals and nature than people. But he’s not a coward and when he sees the woman of his dreams he goes after her and isn’t afraid. I loved Brent and truth be told, there wasn’t anything about I disliked.
 And the heroine? How do you relate to her?
Awni is a woman cursed with skin so cold if anyone touches her they freeze instantly to death. This makes her a lonely woman even though she’s the queen of her world. I don’t have the problem of freezing people but like Awni I’m a solitary person. I understand what it’s like to feel alone even when surrounded by people.
Who controls the story – you or your characters?
My muse actually controls the story. I have no say whatsoever. Whenever I think I know where a story is headed, my muse throws me a totally unexpected curve ball. I think she delights in that.
What do you enjoy about writing romance?
I like introducing two people to each other and watching the relationship unfold. How they deal with the conflicts in their lives in the midst of a budding romance is so much fun.
What can we look forward to from you in the near future?
In June the first book in my Gods At Work series releases titled Working Under Covers. Book 2 will come in August titled Heart Of The Queen. The series is based on the question…what if the money crunch effected the Gods of Olympus and they suddenly found they had to come down to earth and work for a living?
How do you like to spend your free time?
I read a lot and play with my cats. I have two and they are the sweetest little kitties in the whole world. J
What was your favourite book as a child/teen/adult? Are you currently reading anything?
As a child my favourite was The Berenstein Bears. As a teen I was hooked on the Babysitter’s Club. As an adult I have way to many favourites to name. Some of my favourite authors are N.J. Walters, Lynsay Sands, Charlaine Harris, Kresley Cole and Christine Feehan.
What is your culinary speciality?
I make a great homemade white cake with homemade cream cheese frosting. J
Sounds delicious, Kat!

Come back tomorrow for an equally tasty excerpt
Read more about Kat at her website: http://www.authorkatholmes.webs.com/
and her blog  http://katluvr130.blogspot.com/


Leave a comment to enter the draw to win a copy of FROZEN
Kat's latest Paranormal Erotic Romance

12 comments:

  1. We share some favorite authors...It does sound yummy & I love cream cheese but can't eat it anymore. big bummer, that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! Your interview is really interesting and you have a great understanding of your characters and how they relate to you. I will definitely put your book on my TBR list which is filling up with Musers. Kresley Cole is also one of my favorite authors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the link, Kat...now how about sharing some of that cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Kat. What about the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I hear cake? LOL

    Great interview and love the way you connect your characters on a deep level, Kat. Kudos. Twittered the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice interview and put me down for a slice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love those dark, tortured alpha male heroes! Finest kind. I have to admit that it is always a relief to find out I'm not the only one who rides in the passenger seat in the writing process while Muse and Characters take the wheel. So it's their fault if I get caught for speeding! Congrats on what sounds like a very interesting paranormal world, and from one kitty lover to another, enjoy this ride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone. And sorry, I'm all out of cake. try me at the beginning of may. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Artica is a wonderfully unique place to visit. I am soo looking forward to the second book in this series. I am also madly proud of Kat. She thinks it's just because I am her mom, but I am proud of the storytelling voice that magically weaves tales that I will be rereading with great joy in the years to come. For me to reread takes a very talented storyteller...like Christine Feehan, Glenn Kleier, Robert B. Parker, and yes, my daughter, Kat Holmes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. White cake with cream cheese frosting...yum! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks N.J.:-) I love making it too. It's so easy.

    ReplyDelete